What better way to help us celebrate our 6th birthday than to make a party hat with us!
● Piece of ribbon to determine your hat height (ours was 14cm)
● A4 piece of paper
● 40cm of ric rac we used a small and large ric rac
● Optional Pom Pom
- Determine how high you would like your party hat to be, we used some ribbon 14 cm in length.
- Fold your piece of paper in half and using a pin to hold your ribbon in place in the top corner of the paper
- Move your ribbon along the paper and mark the curve of your hat with your pen. Once you reach the edge of the paper draw a straight line to mark the seam of your hat.
- Cut it out and you have your hat template.
- We used some felt to stabilise our hat, lay both pieces of fabric on top of each other and cut them out.
- We will now treat these as one piece of fabric, sew all around the edges with a zig zag stitch.
- We attached our ric rac before sewing the side seam to make it easier to attach.
- Fold your hat in half right sides together and sew using a 5mm seam allowance.
- Turn though to the right side and attach some ribbon or elastic to either side to keep in place on your head.
- Attach pom pom if desired.