We are hiring!
We are looking for a studio assistant to join our small friendly team in Chiswick, West London.
This is a part time position for 3 days a week, with the potential to increase to 4 days a week, on a permanent contract (6 months probation)
Working hours are 10 - 5.30 with a 30 minute lunch break, Wednesday - Friday.
You will work alongside our small friendly team. Your role will vary depending on the needs of the business, but some key tasks will be:
- Pick customer orders
- Cut and fold fabric
- Perform quality assurance inspections
- Package multiple orders varying in weights. Be prepared to stand for long periods
- Prepare shipping labels and manifests
- Move heavy rolls/bolts of fabric and boxes when deliveries arrive
- Organise and update shop inventory
- Assist with customers that visit our studio by sharing expert sewing advice
- Answer customer questions that we receive on our team email account
- Assist with cleaning procedures to make sure the studio space is clean and tidy
- Friendly and approachable
- Confident engaging with our customers
- Honest and reliable
- Be passionate about working for a small business
- Able to work as part of a small team, but also must be able to demonstrate initiative to complete specific tasks that are set efficiently
- Interested in sewing with good knowledge of fabrics
- Strong computer skills and confident using a mac
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Experience with Shopify or other ECommerce platforms preferable, but training will be provided
- Experience using Royal Mail business software preferable, but training will be provided
- Good numeracy skills in order to understand the inventory system and manage customer orders
This is an entry level position. The rate of pay will be at London Living Wage.
Annual leave will also be allocated.
- Inclusive and respectful workplace
- Supportive, approachable and friendly team
- Working for a small business that is growing
- Opportunities to assist with other tasks within the business and develop your skills
- Access to lots of amazing fabrics and sewing supplies
- Tea and biscuits available
- Café is available in the building that we are based in
- Safe bike storage is available
- 5 minutes walk from Gunnersbury Station, 10 minutes walk from Kew Bridge Station
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
How To Apply
If you have any further questions please email Harriet directly at email@example.com
If you would like to apply then please email Harriet (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your covering letter explaining your background and why you would like to join the Sunshine Team, and attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is the 18th April 2023, with interviews taking place on 26th or 27th April 2023.
The interview will be with the company director Harriet. It will consist of typical interview questions and discussions. After, we may ask you to complete a few typical tasks that you will be expected to complete in the role.