Join Team Sunshine as we take part in the Big Sew Off on Monday 4th September 2023 from Sew Me Sunshine HQ!
What is the Big Sew Off?
Our friends Sew Over It created the Big Sew Off which is a 24 hour sewathon to raise money for the charity Mind. So many sewing companies and sewing personalities are getting involved, check out all the people involved here.
What charity is the Big Sew Off supporting?
The sewathon will be raising money for Mind. Mind provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding. This is a charity close to a lot of our hearts. A lot of us in the sewing community have turned to sewing over the years to help with our mental health, so it is really exciting that we can put our sewing skills to good use and give something back.
Everything that is being sewn is also being donated to a good cause. All the hubs across the UK are donating their makes to Give Your Best. Give Your Best is a social enterprise offering the first circular platform of its kind where people and brands donate clothes online, so refugee women and children can shop for free, with the agency and dignity they deserve.
How can I get involved?
- You can sew along with us at home (don't worry we don't expect you to sew for the entire 24 hours) and ask friends & family to sponsor you
- There might be a hub local to you that you could join, check them out here
- Donate to spur everyone on during the sewathon
- There will be a live YouTube feed from the central hub on the Sew Over It channel with lots of chats and instagram lives throughout the 24 hours (including with us at Sew Me Sunshine)
- The Big Sew Off have partnered up with the amazing Sew Anonymous to create some exclusive Big Sew Off sew-in labels that you can add to what you make during our sewathon as a reminder of your participation in this amazing cause. All profits from the sale of these labels will be donated to mental health charity Mind! Sew Me Sunshine have already ordered our packs to add to our garments